27.8.08

New Uniforms for the Hornets

Today the New Orleans Hornets renovated their uniforms with an all new color pattern. The design scheme of the jerseys has also changed back to a pinstripe look from way back when they were in Charlotte. Overall I like the uniforms. The text stayed the same and they kept the yellow around a little bit. Personally I prefer the colors from the last couple years. I will love to see what their alternate uniforms are, because I absolutely loved the yellow jerseys from last year. The new apparel is sweet too, especially the NOLA shirt with the trumpet.

All of that was really just a primer to say that it was something they absolutely had to do. We all know they had the lowest attendance in the league for a while last year until they sustained the winning. Eventually they sold the games out, made the playoffs, and dispelled any rumors of leaving the city by the great season ticket sales so far. However, they still need revenue to compete on a larger, year in and year out, scale. Switching designs will make people want the new stuff, and buy up jerseys of guys like Chris Paul, Julian Wright, and David West. Coming off of the season they just had, the timing is perfect to make such a move. The excitement is immense and people are more likely to spend for these types of things now.

I'm going to buy a Chris Paul jersey when I get paid I think. White or Blue?
I just checked, they sold out in a day of both.

No comments: