6.3.09

Preliminary Reactions to Projections

AL East: The Yankees were the favorite by about a game, and I adjusted down a couple games because of Alex Rodriguez's injury. The Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays are the 3 best teams in baseball on paper. They are all within the the margin of error to win the division

Al Central: I expected it to be the Indians in the lead, with a conglomerate of chasers. I can see every team in the division pushing, but I doubt the Indians will have the bad luck they experienced last year and fully expect them to win the division. Grady Sizemore, for the win.

AL West: I think the Angel's and A's are both seriously in contention and the Rangers are so young that they could make some noise. I halfway expect the A's to take the division honestly because I think Beane will do something at the trade deadline.

NL East: The Mets are the favorite on paper, again. I adjusted the Marlins up because all the pitchers are young, and if they can stay healthy they will be good. Also, I am a homer. Nationals surprised me, and I adjusted them down a little because they have yet to show me they can do it.

NL Central: Cubs, then crapshoot! I expect the Pirates may be better than my projections. One of the teams I think may outdo them, but again they may dump something at the deadline and fall to where I have them.

NL West: I'm counting on a breakout from some D'Backs hitters. But it is the closest top to bottom division. I like the Giants quite a bit, they may get to 81 wins or so, and if the Backs don't breakout and the Dodgers have some injuries....

No comments: