1.3.09

Like I said returning and this Blog.

First of all. College baseball, FSU has lost one game 10-9, playing teams that can't hold their jock. but they are holding their own. They will be plenty fine offensively. On defense they will be at least mediocre, and probably bad, which will bear down on Parker, Gilmartin, and Gast.

Spring training is starting. I'm starting to put my numbers together. Gathering forecasts from really smart people (and doing a little adjustments myself.) I consulted a friend on fantasy baseball today and he treated me like I worked for a pay website. It was cool. But I'm starting to realize the Marlins may be a 75-79 win team. It sucks. Every projection has us around 75-77 wins.

Young pitchers are hard to project. If Johnson, Sanchez, and Milller outlive their 50th percentile projection, the Marlins will compete. But, if there is any regression, and the young guys don't pull through, we will be back in the bottom of the NL East.

(The Nats have the boom or bust lineup, Milledge, Dukes, Johnson, etc.)

No comments: